As part of the Venues team and reporting to the Venue Manager, the position of Venue Executive, OCBC Arena will support the establishment, day-to-day and event operations of what is one of the world’s leading sports and leisure facilities. Working closely with stakeholders, partners and the community at large, the successful candidate will work closely with management to deliver the operations of the facility on both a day-to-day and an event mode basis for the benefit of the public of Singapore, elite athletes and visiting guests.
General Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the production of Concept of Operations for each Singapore Sports Hub (SSH) venue, through research, partner coordination, and administration.
- Carry out various meeting administration procedures including organizing meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and coordinating attendance.
- Communicate closely with internal and external partners to ensure all needs have been considered when developing venue operations plans.
- Train and supervise event and day to day frontline staff as required.
- To be a point of contact for clients, tenants, promoters and other stakeholders, always available to attend to their needs. Work as a designated representative of management when required.
- Responsible for control of uniforms, equipment, or other facilities within the venue.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the venue and provide site information to clients, customers and staff as needed.
- Monitor venue performance and operations, produce reports as required by management or clients.
- Complete operations administration functions as needed.
- Prepare documentation and information for staff, management, promoters and clients to enable them to effectively service all customers entering the SSH.
- Support the delivery of the Events department and other partners during event days.
- Plan, implement and deliver community sports and leisure programs and facilities.
- Plan and conduct venue handover exercises, ‘snag list’ building inspections and space mapping.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and regulations are adhered to and reflected positively through your actions and those of your colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university is preferred, but not essential.
- Additional industry specific designations preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in sports and leisure industry seen as an advantage.
Essential Job Functions, Personal Characteristics, Competencies and Behaviors:
- Previous sport and leisure experience catering for elite and community clients is considered an advantage.
- A can-do attitude with focus on achieving results.
- Uphold strong communications with the wider Sports Hub team and external partners.
- Collaboration with internal departments and stakeholders, such as events, marketing, sales and sports/community.
- Develop relationships and conduct regular interface with the elite and community sports partners and other stakeholders.
- Plan, organize and implement events from community to elite level.
- Handle enquiries from the public, clients, stakeholders and government.
- Working closely with community and industry bodies (including schools, sports clubs and other community groups).
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a diverse environment.
- Adaptive and source for creative solutions in the face of unique challenges in a high paced, dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written communication with strong attention to details.
- Working hours are either 8:30AM to 6:00PM or 9:00AM to 6:30PM, Monday to Friday. Morning/evening and weekend hours will be required at various times, subjected to events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Interested candidates are invited to apply with a comprehensive resume to:
Please include the following items in your resume:
- Current & Expected Salary
- Passport-size photograph
- Notice period / Date of Availability